Event Phone: 608/280-2563
- Creating Safe, Affirming Therapeutic Spaces....
November 19, 2018
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
This training is a cooperative venture between Journey Mental Health Center and the FACE Kids United Way collaborative.
Sherie Hohs is a passionate community activist, believer in inclusion, and an advocate for LGBTQIA+ youth. Sherie has been a School Social Worker in the Madison Metropolitan School District for the last fifteen years. As the LGBTQ+ Lead for MMSD, she has the important role of training school personnel on inclusive practices, building meaningful community partnerships, advancing youth leadership, and protecting the rights of LGBTQIA+ students and their families. When she isn’t fighting for social justice, she enjoys spending her time backpacking through Latin America, going to brunch, and frolicking around with her two bulldogs.
- Credentials: MSSW, CSSW
Objectives/short summary of the training:
- Learn and practice LGBTQ+ vocabulary
- Understand concepts of gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, and sex assigned at birth
- Gain perspective on the life experiences of LGBTQIA+ youth in schools, at home, and in the community
- Experience inclusive practices that you can incorporate into your work with youth to demonstrate a commitment to visibilizing LGBTQIA+ identities and being a true ally
- Involving families on the journey to support their LGBTQIA+ Youth
Please follow and like us: