Understanding Complex Trauma & Dissociation: How Trauma Affects the Recovery and How to Cultivate Healing
November 18, 2019
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Title: Understanding Complex Trauma and Dissociation: How Trauma Responses Affect the Recovery Process and How to Cultivate Healing
Date: Monday, November 18, 2019
Location: 25 Kessel, Training Room, Lower Level
Presenter: Robin Lickel LPC CSAC
Cost: $90 (Free for Journey Staff)
Description: Spend the morning with Robin Lickel, specialist in complex trauma and dissociative disorders, and discuss:
- How traumatic sequelae show up in the therapy room, and understand how far more common they are in our population
- How to assess for dissociative symptoms
- Understanding dissociation on a continuum, and how it relates to disconnection and fragmentation
- How to invite the body into the therapeutic discussion and how that benefits the client
- How to go beyond cognitive behavioral strategies for trauma resolution when the intense stuff comes up.
- And we’ll leave time for consultation and Q&A.