Restorative Community Response
…• George Floyd • Breonna Taylor • Jacob Blake • Soon Chung Park • Hyun Jung Grant • Suncha Kim • Yong Yue • Delaina Ashley Yaun • Paul Andre Michels • Xiaojie Tan • Daoyou Feng • Daunte Wright • Adam Toledo • Anthony Alvarez • https://sayevery.name/ • …
Our bodies, minds, hearts, and spirits continue to respond and try to make sense of the violence and hate we are living through. Journey Mental Health Center stands strong in our belief that Black Lives Matter. We recognize the urgency to stop Asian American Pacific Islander (AAPI) hate and disrupt white supremacy culture in all its forms. As mental health professionals dedicated to being anti-racist and promoting healing, we see the pervasiveness and deeply harmful impact of racialized violence, historical trauma, and gender-based oppression. We see and feel the pain that our Black, Latinx, AAPI, Indigenous, and LGBTQ+ communities continue to live through. We stand in solidarity inspired by both Fannie Lou Hamer’s “I’m sick and tired of being sick and tired” and Dolores Huerta’s “¡Sí, Se Puede!”. We are committed to being braver and bolder in order to Nurture Belonging, Promote Equity, and Build Racial Justice in our agency and community.
We encourage you to join us in the following:
- Sign-on to the Declaration: Racism is a Public Health Crisis in Wisconsin
- Sign-on to the Community-Centered Response to Violence Against Asian American Communities
- Report Asian American Pacific Islander hate through Stop AAPI Hate
- Attend a Bystander Intervention training through hollaback!
- Learn and act by signing up for Anti-Racism Daily